In the fast-paced world we are living in, it is essential to have short, easy workouts available for us to get our waists in shape! In this article, I am going to provide you with several workouts that will help you shape your waist in very little time.
The Hip Thrust focuses on muscles in the lower back and the glutes. Hip Thrusts not only benefit your waist, but they contribute to building strength in your hips, knees and ankles. There are eight easy steps to a great Hip Thrust:
- Focus your tension in your heels so it will target your glutes and hamstrings. Make sure your heels do not rise off the ground. Maintain flat feet and hold it throughout the position.
- When you have reached the top of the hip thrust, make sure your shins are not angled backward or forward. Keep them vertical to your body.
- Throughout the exercise, do not allow your knees to cave inward; keep tension on your glutes.
- Use your glutes to push your hips as high as you possibly can during the repetitions.
- Bring your pubic bone as close as you can to your ribcage once you have extended your hips.
- During this exercise, try to keep your pelvis aligned with your rib cage at all times.
- Take a deep breathe and tighten your diaphragm muscles and your ab muscles.
- For the final step, once you reach the top of your repetition, squeeze your glutes as tight as you can and count to one, then release.
With Hip Thrusts, your goal should be to complete three sets of eight per day.
The next exercise I am going to introduce to you is The Burpee, which is my favorite exercise for body-shaping. It works almost every muscle in your body at the same time. There are four easy steps:
- Start in the squat position with your hands flat on the floor in front of you.
- Position yourself into the Plank position, which is where your hands are flat on the ground, arms are extended and equally spread apart and the rest of your body weight is resting on your toes.
- Keep your hands flat on the ground, keep your arms extended and spread apart, and tuck both of your knees into your chest with your toes on the ground.
- Then, once you have positioned yourself, jump up into a standing position; it’s that easy!
Perform this exercise in thirty seconds intervals. You should ideally be aiming for at least ten reps per thirty seconds.
The final exercise I’m going to introduce to you is the Bicycle Crunch. Bicycle Crunches are a great workout for your abs and your waist area. There are only four steps to this exercise and it will provide you with a great outcome.
- Lie flat on your back with your legs flat and your arms resting straight at your sides.
- Interlock your fingers together and place your hands on the back of your head.
- Now, with this step, you’re going to be touching your opposite leg to your opposite arm. For example, you are going to lift your head up, bring your leg towards your chest and touch your left elbow to your right knee. At the same time, keep your left leg straight and raised off the ground. When you lift your head, tense your abs and your leg muscles to get the full effect of the workout. Make sure when you lift your head up, you keep your elbows back rather than pulling them forward with your head, which could cause a muscle strain in your neck.
- Keep touching your elbows to your knees until you have completed a set.
Bicycle Crunches should be performed in sets in ten or twenty. Make sure you rest between your sets.
These are just a few of the numerous exercises you can perform to shape your waist in a timely manner. Exercise is always effective, but a strict diet will create even better results. Always remember, the more work you put in, the better your results will be! Stay dedicated and you will become fit!